Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How I acquired the two new bikes

About a year ago I told a buddy that I was looking for motorcycle to work on. He told me that he thought his dad used to have some old motorcycles that had not been ridden in years & that he would talk to him. I didn't hear from him for almost a year and a couple of months ago he called me and asked if I was still interested in a bike. I said yes & he told me that his dad had a bike & was looking to get rid of it.  A couple of days later he told me that his dad actually had two old Hondas, a cb350 & cb360. I asked him what he wanted for them & he said if I hauled them away, they were mine. One has a title & the other doesn't, it was lost but was titled to him.
I got much of my inspiration from many builders out there, Dime City, Lossa Engineering, Motovocation & Kott Motorcycles but much came from Jared Johnson at Holiday Customs. I really like the way he builds very raw but functional bikes. I spoke to Jared about a possible fabrication project for me, but he was very gracious and unable to do it for me unless I shipped my frame to him. The cost of that would have made it too costly. I was very impressed that he actually called me and wished me luck on my build. He builds great looking bikes. I am not building a clone, but a bike that incorperates the features of many builders as well as my own ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment