Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My 1974 CB360G Build

Alright. I have decided to start a blog documenting my bike builds. I have 3 bikes currently, a 1975 Honda CB750k5, a 1971 Honda CB350, & my current project a 1974 Honda CB360G. This is a Cafe/Brat. I'll be adding pictures as they come. Wish me luck and any tips if you feel inclined. The first picture of the bike is how I found it, in someone's back yard for the past 20 years at least.






The Three bikes together in my garage.





My 1975 CB750 K5





Once I got it home, I cleaned up the CB360 a bit.


I stripped it clean.

 I removed the back of the frame so I could weld on a hoop & seat pan for a bratstyle seat made by the guys at Motovocation in North Carolina. Their website is www.motovocation.com




 I welded in the hoop & painted it just to get an idea of how it would look. It has since been sandblasted and ready for powdercoating.

 I made my own seat pad with several  layers of rebond foam padding, spray adhesive & an orbital sander and lots of patience & ideas from guys on You Tube. It came out pretty nice and is being covered currently.



I will add more pictures as I progress. Feel free to drop me a line at gilscafepage@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment